The study of a world language is an essential component of a 21st
century education. In our interdependent world, knowledge of a
second language is vital in many fields, including business, law,
political science, and medicine. Knowing another language not only
helps to develop an awareness and understanding of people with different
cultures and lifestyles, but it also helps develop a better
understanding of your own language.
At the elementary level, students will begin their exposure to world
languages with Spanish. By grade 7, students can choose to study
French, Latin, or Spanish.
Students who are NEW to Moorestown - 2017
Welcome to Moorestown! If you are new to the district and are interested in testing into a World Language course above level one for example Spanish II, Honors French II or Honors Latin II or above, please register for the test below. Roseth Rodriguez, the Supervisor of Humanities, will contact you prior to testing to discuss your child's world language history.
MHS Textbook Information - HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY
- MTPS offers students the opportunity to borrow a textbook over the summer.
REGISTER TO BORROW A BOOK HERE
- Books can be picked up in the High School Guidance Office based on the schedule below.
- Availability is limited and NOT ALL books are available.
- A balance of $100 will appear on the account of students requesting textbooks.
- Failure to return the textbook will prevent students from receiving their schedules prior to school opening in September.
- Books are due back to the High School Guidance Office by August 24,or the student's account will be charged the full, non-refundable cost of the book.
Book Borrowing Schedule:
- Requests made by Monday, June 19 will be available by Monday, June 26.
- Requests made by Monday, June 26 will be available by Monday, July 10.
- Requests made by Monday, July 10 will be available by Monday, July 17.
- No requests will be honored after July 10.